- The ProtoStar Stove offers high quality and durability, and is constructed from 0.6mm, series 200 stainless steel.
- It operates on an alcohol-based, liquid ProtoStar Clean Cook Fuel that emits no bad odours and burns with a clear flame. The fuel is supplied by PE in a sealed 500ml disposable plastic bottle.
- The fuel tank contains ceramic wool for fuel control. In addition, the tank design prevents fuel pouring out in case the stove falls over.
- The fuel tank remains at a relatively low temperature during use (maximum about 35°C in ambient temperature of 25 °C).
- This particular model has an optional extra item i.e. Braai or Roast attachment (+R200), but it’s not included in this price. Search for the other model to see its price and details.
The ProtoStar offers consumers a number of significant benefits:
- Increased safety features that will substantially reduce fire hazards and associated injuries and losses. Any fire that may be caused is also easily extinguished with water. This is not possible with paraffin fires as pouring water on them will spread the flames (paraffin is oily and floats on water).
- Eliminating the health risks and problems associated with paraffin ingestion and the toxic fumes it emits.
- Offering the options of not only cooking in a pot, but also being able to braai, roast and bake.
- Cost savings related to the lower price of ProtoStar Fuel, the higher efficiency of the stove and the higher durability of the stove (5 years – the average paraffin stove lasts less than 12 months).
- Eliminating the unpleasant smell and black smoke emitted by paraffin stoves.
- A significant reduction in CO2 emissions. ProtoStar Fuel emits less than 50% of the CO2 emitted when paraffin is burned. For every litre of ProtoStar fuel burnt instead of paraffin, about 1.4kg of CO2 will be prevented from entering the atmosphere. Assuming an average monthly usage of 15 litres, this translates to 250kg of CO2 saved per annum per stove, or 250 tons of CO2 per every 1000 stoves (this ignores any additional emission reduction due to higher efficiency of the stove).
- This specific model is more expensive than the basic model Bubhesi because it contains the safe tip shut-off
Interesting facts around its development:
- Invented by Ken Hall (The inventor of the Cobb)
- R 25 Million invested into its development
- Part of the Global Alliance Clean Cookstove
- Activity teams consisting of 20 girls go out daily to promote it
- 10,000 stoves disseminated in Diepsloot informal settlement to date
- Production capacity of 5000 units per month
Watch this very informative demonstration video:
We have two shipping options to any destination in South Africa:
Road Freight Express – Delivery timeframe: 24 to 48 hours within major centres
Road Economy Delivery – Delivery timeframe: 48 to 72 hours within major centres
After adding your product to the shopping cart, click VIEW CART. Click on SHIPPING OPTIONS and update the DESTINATION ADDRESS to calculate shipping cost. Continue to PROCEED TO CHECKOUT. Click PLACE ORDER and continue to payment options.
Payment can be done securely through your own online banking profile (FNB, STANDARD BANK, ABSA, NEDBANK, CAPITEC ETC) by using the PayFast option. Credit card payments can also be done through the same PayFast option or by using the PayPal option.